Friday, June 25, 2010

Dormant

You lie there in all of your glory and splendor
Huge build
Overbearing and most likely tender
A magnificent story
Covered in soot and eruptions from previous loves and combustions
Lips still wet from heated discussions
But I’ve seen you before
You were quiet
Not loud and boisterous but still full of orange deadly liquid
That a park slope girl like me could never really mix with
I could feel your loveless aura
Penetrate through your hard exterior
Traces of lies, deception and all things inferior
One long glance at you and I realized maybe he was worth a try
A charming inquisitive yet sensitive guy
Contagious laugh and yet still shy
A little less intimidating
Maybe he wont make me cry
And maybe with him I wont have to lie
Unless its in his arms
He lie dormant
Right under my nose
Noticed this unbudded rose
Knocked me right off my toes
With ring pops and unspoken bonds to propose
To never let me go
To hold pinkies
And re-live our childhood’s
Like water guns and slinkies
Sweet like cotton candy and twinkies
He lie dormant
Thoughts of him all day caused my mind torment
Easy transition from “hi friend”
To “Hey you”
And if we got fancy
I’d say hey “beau”
More my speed
More like my personal international menu
More like an all-in one venue
When that one number can be dialed for all purposes
Scratch all surfaces
Kisses for the superfluous
If I could create a word I’d say being dormant made you
The Perfect-est
For me..