I don't believe that there's a good man shortage as all of the female species claim
I feel that mommies, daddies and society, alike have all
Painted prince charming
In our spirits from early
Where no average man
Can meet the standards, of how many cars and smiles
Ken bought Barbie
And how Disney
Made it possible for all of these knights in shinning armor
To rescue Snow Whites and Rapunzels
Just in the nick of time
So that
They fall
In love
And ever after they're happy
But lord knows
Its not only our black men who are lacking
Because I'd bet my money backing
That Mr.Kennedy disrespected Jacquelin
And Clinton is a testament
That Barack has most likely done things to hurt Michelle's feelings
On more than one occasion
And that's no excuse or praise
For a "man" using the "b" phrase
But women don't go on using
Every bad experience as crutch
for why you're broken
And cry so much
In a war, the wounded hardly ever survive
So bandage your bruises
Run along for more...
Plentiful battlefields of love
A flower tends to grow
When no one is ever watching amongst the madness,
You can find beauty
So be your best without the ridicule of a man's suspecting eye
I won't dwell on the past
I'll just travel on and hope that I'd find something built to last
Ironically, I stand on the left side of the world
All alone
Waiting on
Mister Right
Not like Aladdin, or even Simba
But one who can manifest pleasant memories to grow old with and I never have to struggle to remember
Because I can wake up every morning for the rest of our lives
And re-live them every time I look in your eyes...