Friday, August 13, 2010

Poem for Sissies

I think it is an absolute injustice
that any other woman before me ever wasted your kisses...
Because even hours after you're gone they linger.
I cant quite pen point or use my finger
but there's just something so surreal
about your appeal
How you are here with me all day long and I still can't think of any one else
you give me the feeling equivalent to finding that five dollar bill in the fifth pocket of your favorite denim.
No losses
We only win them
I just hold your pinky
and wonder if forever is too long to grasp it
You are ice cream on a rainy day
That kiss on a "boo-boo" to a toddler
You are embedded in my inner most thoughts
My living dream
Ground breaking
I am in love with you for everything you are not
With you, lost control and my boundaries I forgot
There I stood with a heart half empty
He said I could borrow his
Took me back to playground days
I felt like his foot was last
because he's it
The one
House and one-point-five kids
If I didn't know any better I would have sworn I was his rib.
As if any two people were made for one another
You could convince me
That Zeus, Aphrodite and Eros put you here just for me.
He is the calm after any storm.
The breeze that gently sneaks through my curtain and whispers goodnight.
That ray of sunshine that peeks through the pane and kisses good morning.
A compilation of everything that ever made the corners of my lips turn north.
His words are like tongue kisses that helped my stone heart turn soft
He is my long lost
Happy...